Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Note:

Many of you know about the passing of the person behind the Ginny Talamasca avatar. I wanted to post something here about what Dazzle and Last Call meant to me. It took me a few days to think things over, and I didn't want to add any more pain to anyone. Even though all my memories are good ones, sometimes those can be too much for those that were closest. Anyway if you care to read my thoughts, here they are:

I first discovered Dazzle Haute Couture when I was relatively noobish and found Linden Lifestyles by chance one day. Immediately I went over to see everything. This was over a year ago, perhaps July 2006. I remember this being the first time I was ever in a huge store, and I had to use my camera to see everything. This was many moons ago, and the shop design itself has changed dramatically over my time in SL. I was so impressed with that visit, that I've been a loyal customer ever since.
Last Call is probably my favorite brand in SL, no matter what style I'm going for, I know there is something there I'll love. It's more than about the clothes, I never really knew Ginny, but had spoken to her a few times for various reasons. She was always very professional and sweet with me, even after an embarrassing moment one time. This reinforced my love for everything she and Lyra created.
I know there are probably many people in-world who are mourning the loss of one of SL's greatest designers and creators. However, her impact on us all, and in SL itself, will live on for a very long time. Each time I wear something she created I'll think of her.
My condolences go out to everyone who knew Ginny, and her real life counterpart. I hope that wherever he is, he's happy and at peace.

No comments: